The Brown Center has the resources to provide Diagnostic testing to the general community for ages 18 months through adulthood, as well as Psycho-educational testing for students of all ages, including students attending or preparing for college. These services are conducted by our Licensed Clinical Psychologist, Dr. Michelle McAtee, who specializes in Autism Spectrum Disorders and related disabilities. All ASD-related testing includes the ADOS-2 as well as an individualized battery of additional assessments (from the assessment list below) based upon specific client needs. Clients are provided with a verbal summary of results on the day of the appointment, and a full formal written report within two weeks. To learn more or to schedule an appointment, please contact us at 615-385-7994.
Enrolled children receive ongoing periodic assessment as a part of their treatment planning.For admission, we require copies of reports of any previous testing or evaluations. Before developing a plan for your child, we will conduct additional speech/language, OT and behavioral testing upon admission and periodically thereafter.
If your child is on a waiting list for diagnosis and you are interested in beginning intervention prior to diagnosis–routine behavioral, speech and language, and OT assessment will be conducted for the purpose of designing treatment based upon your child’s unique strengths and needs.
Depending upon your individualized needs, any combination of the following assessments may be conducted:
- Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills–Revised (ABLLS-R)
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, Second Edition (ADOS-2)
- Bayley Scales of Infant & Toddler Development-3rd edition
Childhood Autism Rating Scale (CARS)
- Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals Preschool-2nd edition (CELF-2)
- Communication and Symbolic Behavior Scales (CSBS)
- Comprehensive Assessment of Spoken Language (CASL)
- Expressive Vocabulary Test-2nd edition (EVT-2)
- Gilliam Autism Rating Scale-2nd edition (GARS-3)
- Leiter International Performance Scale (Leiter-R)
- Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test-4th edition (PPVT-4)
- Peabody Developmental Motor Scales-2nd edition (PDMS-2)
- Preschool Language Scale-5th edition (PLS-5)
- Ritvo Autism Asperger Diagnostic Scale-Revised (RAADS-R)
- Sensory Profile
- Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales–2nd edition
- Visual Motor Index (VMI)
- Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence (WPPSI-IV)
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children–5th edition (WISC-V)
- Woodcock Johnson -4th Edition (WJ-IV)